When it feels like life wants to take you down, where do you turn? Some people turn up the music and tune out their surroundings. Others hit the gym and sweat out the stress. Maybe others enjoy reading quotes about life to help them remember that everyone is in the same boat. That’s what we’re bringing you today – some quotes about life that can hopefully keep you afloat when you feel like you’re drowning. We hope they bring some positive energy into your life.
Here are 15 quotes about life to never forget:
- “You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.” – Timber Hawkeye
- “Getting knocked down in life is a given. Getting up and moving forward is a choice.” – Zig Ziglar
- The less you respond to negativity, the more peaceful your life becomes.
- Take life day by day and be grateful for the little things. Don’t get stressed over what you can’t control.
- We cannot start over, but we can create a new beginning.
- You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.
- “The hardest walk is walking alone, but it’s also the walk that makes you the strongest.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.” – Robert Tew
- “People know your name, not your story. They’ve heard what you’ve done, but not what you’ve been through. So take their opinions of you with a grain of salt. In the end, it’s not what others think, it’s what you think about yourself that counts. Sometimes you have to do exactly what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everyone else.” – Unknown
- “A negative mind will never give you a positive life.”
11. “I am in competition with no one. I run my own race. I’ve no desire to play the game of being better than anyone, in any way, shape or form. I just aim to improve, to be better than I was before. That’s me and I’m free.”
- “Ships don’t sink because of the water around them; ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.”
- “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” – Calvin & Hobbes
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
15. The older I get, the more I realize no one has any idea what they are doing and everyone is just pretending.