Do you have a certain person in your life that just seems to always be there no matter what? A friend that will not only encourage you but will also listen to you when times get tough and walk those lonely roads alongside you? If so, that type of friendship is to be cherished and nurtured as the rarest of jewels; a friendship like that will last a lifetime.
Below are some of our favorite female friendship quotes. Surely they can apply to just about any friendship, but they seem to be just a little more special when talking about two women. And if you don’t have this type of relationship in your life, maybe you’ll find a few friendship tips along the way.
Here are some amazing quotes about female friendship:
1. “It’s been my experience that people who make proclamations about themselves are usually the opposite of what they claim to be. If someone is truly a loyal friend, then they wouldn’t need to broadcast it; eventually, people will figure it out. I have a lot of good friends and not one of them has ever introduced themselves by saying, ‘I’m a very good friend.’” – Chelsea Handler
2. “I think a good friend, to me, is all about trust and loyalty. You don’t ever want to second-guess whether you can tell your friend something.” – Lauren Conrad
3. “I feel there’s so much pressure, especially for women, to declare what their life’s going to be and what their career is, and are you married yet? Are you single? But you’re 30. And girlfriends are so important. You can have a boyfriend or husband when you’re 30, but you still need your girlfriends.” – Kristen Wiig
4. “I think that, definitely in your 30s and 40s and early 50s, a lot of women can lose sight of each other because the pressures of marriage and family can take over, but I’ve found that in my mom’s generation and for different women I’ve known in their 60s, they’ve seemed to really find each other again, in a significant way. Whether it’s that they got divorced or the kids are grown up, they have all this time again. I’ve known more women in their 60s who have traveled with each other or see each other all the time and hang out all the time. I feel like it can be rediscovered as a primary relationship, maybe later in life.” – Greta Gerwig
5. “Amy [Poehler] made it clear that she wasn’t there to be cute. She wasn’t there to play wives and girlfriends in the boys’ scenes. . .I was so happy. Weirdly, I remember thinking, ‘My friend is here! My friend is here!’ Even though things had been going great for me at the show, with Amy there, I felt less alone.” – Tina Fey
6. “All I can tell you today is what I have learned. What I have discovered as a person in this world. And that is this: you can’t do it alone. As you navigate through the rest of your life, be open to collaboration. Other people and other people’s ideas are often better than your own. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
7. “Girls get competitive, as though there’s only one spot in the world for everything — but that’s not true. We need to stick together and see there’s more to life than pleasing men. It’s important not to cut yourself off from female friendships. I think sometimes girls get scared of other girls, but you need each other.” – Zooey Deschanel
8. “Female friendships that work are relationships in which women help each other belong to themselves.” –Louise Bernikow
9. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” – Anonymous
10. “Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back.” – Anonymous
11. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” –Paulo Coelho
12. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo—what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey