Never underestimate the power of happiness quotes! If you’re having a bad day, one of the quickest things you can do to turn it around is by reading material that uplifts and improves your mindset. By stimulating the part of the brain that is receptive to happiness or pleasure on a regular basis, you will build resistance to stress, get sick less often, sleep better, and maintain greater levels of focus.
All that being said, we can’t control the fact that bad days happen, it’s life’s way! What we can control, or learn to control, is how we react to those bad days and how long we allow ourselves to dwell on whatever it is that has made us upset.
Quotes About Happiness are Good for Your Brain
So why happiness quotes? Psychologists at the New School for Social Research have found that reading can enhance your ability to better understand people’s states of mind and more successfully navigate complex relationships. People who read often report feeling more satisfied with life, experience lower levels of depression or anxiety and even report feeling higher levels of self-esteem on a day to day basis.
If you don’t have the time to pick up a new book, looking for resources that can supply you with a quick boost of motivation can still work wonders for your brain such as, you guessed it, quotes about happiness! You can bookmark these resources and read them on the bus, your lunch break, before you go into a meeting, any time you feel like you need a pick me up. In fact, add happiness quotes into your morning routine by reading a few before you go to work for the day. The key to happiness can be quite simple, the more you surround yourself with positive experiences, the more you will live your life with a positive mindset.
Without further a due, we’ve compiled a list of quality happiness quotes for you to read in order to turn your day around. As you read this list, open your mind to what they’re really saying and allow yourself to let go of whatever is holding you back at the moment. Write down your favorites and revisit them whenever you feel compelled to!
1. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” -Elbert Hubbard
2. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.”
3. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.”
4. “True happiness arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one’s self.” -Joseph Addison
5. “Happiness, not in another place but this place…not for another hour, but this hour.” -Walt Whitman
6. “Happiness? That’s nothing more than health and a poor memory.” -Albert Schweitzer
7. “Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.” -Thomas Jefferson
8. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” -Dale Carnegie
9. “If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more?” -Roy T. Bennett
10. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up.”
12. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.”
13. “In our lives, change is unavoidable, loss is unavoidable. In the adaptability and ease with which we experience change, lies our happiness and freedom.” -Buddha